WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A news conference was held Tuesday at noon to discuss the release of bodycam video of John Neville’s death.
Forsyth County Sheriff Bobby F. Kimbrough, Jr. joined by Sean Neville held the conference in the press room of the Forsyth County Public Safety Center.
Kimbrough addressed the order for limited release of body worn camera footage from the Forsyth County Law Enforcement Detention Center.
- Forsyth County Sheriff Bobby F. Kimbrough, Jr. announced the part of town known as Four South will be renamed John E. Neville's Housing Unit upon the family's approval.
- The video will be released Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. in Raleigh.
- The family's attorney said protests are yet to be held that he and the family will participate in. He also, said they will take legal action against the county and Wellpath.
- Kimbrough apologized several times to the family for Neville's death and acknowledged mistakes were made.
- Kimbrough said he is proud to be sheriff at this time because he gets to be a part of change.
Our news partner WFMY NEWS 2 has more details
Photo Credit: Forsyth County Sheriff's Office